The Area of the Median Triangle
- Irina Boyadzhiev
Let ABC be a given triangle. The triangle with sides equal to the medians of ABC is called the Median Triangle. We will show that the area of the median triangle is 3/4 of the area of the original triangle ABC.
- Drag the two sliders to the end to construct the median triangle by translating the medians.
- Click the Rearrange checkbox. This will show a green point at the vertex of the median triangle.
- Drag the green point to C.
- Drag the green point at B to .
- Drag the green point at to .