UCSS Math II 4.2.3 Example 3
- Walch Education
Cate created a card game. In Cate’s game, a player draws 2 cards from a standard deck of cards, without replacing the first card before drawing the second. If the 2 cards are even numbers, the player wins. Face cards (ace, king, queen, and jack) are not considered even or odd. What is the probability that a player will win the game?
- Use probability notation to write the problem to be solved.
- Determine if the two events are independent or dependent.
- Use the Multiplication Rule to determine which probability and conditional probabilities need to be calculated.
- Find the probability and conditional probability.
- Use the Multiplication Rule to find the compound probability of the two events.