CCGPS AA 6.2.1 Example 1
- Walch Education
Suzanne has a part-time job writing blog posts, which pays $70 per post if she submits fewer than 5 posts a week. If she posts more than 5 blogs in a week, Suzanne is paid 1.5 times the regular amount for each additional post. Create a piecewise function to represent Suzanne’s income using this pay scale. How much will Suzanne be paid if she submits 4 posts in the next week? How much will she be paid if she submits 6 posts?
- Write the equations that make up the piecewise function.
- Determine the domain for each piece of the function.
- Combine the results of steps 1 and 2 to write the piecewise function.
- Use the piecewise function to calculate Suzanne’s income for 4 posts in one week.
- Use the piecewise function to calculate Suzanne’s income for 6 posts.