- Colleen Lasky
Create a polygon!
- Use the polygon tool () to create a triangle on the coordinate plane below.
- Create a second triangle that is the same size as your first one, just in a different location.
- Use the segment tool () twice to create two segments that will represent the distance between two corresponding vertices. Do not initially place the line on any of the vertices because it will not allow us to move the segments!
- Color the segments: use the menu toolbar and select the solid colored box.
- Label the segment with its value: go to the menu toolbar and select the text tool () and select "value".
- Move the two segments so that you are checking the distance between each vertex and its corresponding vertex. What do you notice?