- Walch Education
Use a compass and a straightedge to construct a line parallel to line through point that is not on the line. Note: Drag the blue points to try different constructions.
- Draw line with point not on the line.
- Construct a line perpendicular to line through point .
- Draw the perpendicular line. Line is perpendicular to line .
- Construct a second line perpendicular to line .
- Draw the perpendicular line. Do not erase any of your markings. Line is perpendicular to line . Line is parallel to line .