Depth perception of object submerged in water
Depth perception - deflection due to light refrection The fish will appear closer to the water surface (less deep) than it actually is. Find out why...
- Position "Eye" and "Fish" by dragging.
- Find the light ray (from object point, on fish) that will reach the eye (drag the ray's incidence point on water surface).
- Add the left eye (check-box)
- Find a second ray that will reach the left eye
- Display the perceived image (check-box)
- Display the calculation by Snell Law (check-box)
- Apply automatic finding of rays (check-box)
- Explore what happens to the image poistion as you vary: + Fish depth + Position of eyes with respect to fish + Index of refrection (slider)