- Dave Nero
Link to Simulation (requires flash) This simulation shows 1-D and 2-D collisions that can be completely elastic, completely inelastic, or anything in between.
- What does the "Elasticity" parameter seem to do?
- Can you make one of the objects stop when the collision is completely elastic? What settings did you need?
- What about if the collision is completely inelastic?
- Turn on the center of mass. Just by looking at the motion of the center of mass, can you tell when there's been a collision?
- The "Advanced" scenario allows for 2-D collisions. Is momentum conserved in both directions (horizontal and vertical)? How does the center of mass move?