Why not to use multiple windows in your applets
The short story is: They take up space, create clutter and probably hide what you are trying to teach behind a screen of complexity.
Why not to use multiple windows
Typically, when you want to produce high quality GeoGebra applets you want the students to be interacting with these applets in such a way that:
- they are focused on the concept/task
- they think for themselves, constructing their own understanding as they go along
- they are given space and time to reflect on what they have learned
What to do instead
Using only one visible window does not really limit you since other windows may be visible in the background and you can pull information from these windows into your main display.
- Values from the spreadsheet can be put in a table using the Table[...] command.
- Values from the Algebra window can be dragged into the Graph window, creating text objects