Generating all conic sections
- Juan Carlos Ponce Campuzano
- Conic Sections
- Consider a line f and a point C defined on that line. Let's draw a circle c with centre C and radius CR.
- Consider a point B on f, and point A on the circle. Reflect point A with respect to line f to determine point A'.
- Finally, we draw the lines AB and A'C; these lines intersect at D.
- What happens if B is within the segment EE'?
- What happens if B is not in the segment EE'?
- What happens if B is equal to E or E'?
- What happens if B is moved far away to infinity along f?