CCGPS CA 1.3.1 Example 3
- Walch Education
Miranda gets paid $300 a week to deliver groceries. She also earns 5% commission on any orders she collects while out on her delivery run. Write an equation that represents her weekly pay and then graph the equation.
- Read the problem statement and then reread the problem, determining the known quantities.
- Identify the slope and the y-intercept.
- Substitute the slope and y-intercept into the equation y = mx + b, where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.
- Set up the coordinate plane.
- Graph the equation using the slope and y-intercept. Plot the y-intercept first.
- Graph the equation using the slope and y-intercept. Use the slope to find the second point.
- Connect the points and extend the line. Then, label your line. Draw a line through the two points and add an arrow to the right end of the line to show that the line of the equation continues infinitely in that direction. Label the line with the equation.