UCSS Math I 2.5.1 Example 3
- Walch Education
A video arcade charges an entrance fee, then charges a fee per game played. The entrance fee is $5, and each game costs an additional $1. Find the total cost for playing 0, 1, 2, or 3 games. Describe the total cost with an explicit equation.
- Use the description of the costs to find the total costs.
- Identify the independent and dependent quantities.
- Determine if there is a common difference or a common ratio between the dependent terms.
- Use the common difference to write an explicit equation.
- Evaluate the equation to verify that it is correct.